Christopher excels at advocating for his clients in the courtroom as well as at the negotiating table. He is passionate about representing clients in divorce, post-divorce custody, parenting time, child support matters, and guardianship and conservatorship cases. Christopher serves as a contract attorney for child support contempt cases in Rice County. He has also developed a niche practice in representing grandparents, relatives and other interested parties in obtaining custody of non-biological children.
Christopher graduated from Faribault High School and is deeply rooted in the community. Chris is a current member and former President of the Rice County Bar Association. He is a judge for youth mock court competitions and volunteer attorney for Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services.
In the summer, Chris enjoys attending Twin’s games at Target Field and spending time at his family cabin in northern Minnesota. Wintertime is devoted to North Dakota Hockey.
- University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND – B.A.
- Thomas M. Cooley Law, Lansing, MI – J.D.
- Supreme Court of Minnesota
- Contested marriage dissolution case involving division of high value assets and real property. Significant pretrial and post-decree litigation. Successfully defended the stipulated Judgment and Decree at the Minnesota Court of Appeals.
- Custody, parenting time, and child support litigation resulting in grant of custodial rights and parenting time to client.
- Conflict laden marriage dissolution proceeding involving division of large assets, child support, child custody, and parenting time.